(checkmarks note agreement)
1) To show how the bulk of religious beliefs are hogwash (✓)
2) To show how religion makes people do crazy shit (✓)
3) To show how anyone who disagrees with the creation of Israel is completely insane (X)
So how is it that Zionist Bill Maher (and anyone who endorses Israel) is more deluded then the religious? Well... simply, because Zionism is based on a religious/ political idea!
It’s quite simple. Israel has nuclear weapons; they are used as a NATO proxy to bring "democracy" to the Middle East (i.e. widespread death and destruction, hegemony, monetary enslavement and the illusion of choice).
Israel wanted a war with Iraq, and Afghanistan, as they want a war with Iran, Lebanon (in progress), Palestine, Syria, Egypt and anyone else in the region who hasn’t bowed down to global Zionist hegemony.
If you support Israel you support war (period). Anyone who criticizes the Iraq war, yet supports Israel is either mistaken or just pretending. There are no two ways about it. For example: Some indignant misguided Jewish nunce had the audacity to hound me the other day for hoisting a sign that Bush was a Zionist patsy, while his own sign critiqued the Bush administration for war crimes. He went out of his way to spend the whole protest drawing even more attention to me by making a sign that said "don’t listen to this guy". Sure enough his attempt at provocation was a complete failure because he merely drew more attention to my sign (thanks school boy!). Regardless even though he had a sign protesting Bush, his fundamental beliefs did more to justify that war than his feeble mind will permit him to understand.
Anyways I digress, the point is Bill Maher’s whole purpose in this documentary was to reinforce the idea that Zionism is good, while concealing it with his criticism of religion... let me explain it in point form.
- He spends the first hour of the shitumentary visiting miscellaneous Christian churches, even getting booted out of the Vatican to appear all the more legitimate. He amuses himself at how much smarter he is than the average fox news viewer and their televangelical philosophy (wow Bill, we are really impressed). In doing so he accurately critiques the market of religious ideas and foolery, and basically performs a comedic/ agnostic version of a Richard Dawkins 2 hr special (minus the equally deluded atheism). Fair enough. He gives all of these people ample time to speak, and then ridicules every ridiculous belief they utter and proceeds to relish in this accomplishment several times. CONGRATULATIONS BILL YOU RAGING ZIOLLECTUAL YOU... HOW ORIGINAL TOO!!!
- Then he goes and speaks with an Orthodox Rabbi who rejects the idea of Israel and the unnecessary havoc it has wreaked (who Bill conveniently associates with holocaust denial/ "revisionism"). While the Rabbi is trying to explain why he disagrees with Israel (and it should be noted he is the most logical of all in the documentary), Bill makes a habit of routinely interrupting him and twisting the rabbis every word, he gets frustrated (as scripted) and storms out of the meeting (hypocritically, after having been thrown out of numerous meetings with Christians prior in the film for his cheap shot humour). NOTE: He did not get up and leave willingly ONCE in ALL the interviews he conducted in the film, EXCEPT for the one with the rabbi who disagreed with the POLITICAL/ RELIGOUS ideology of Zionism!!! HE WAS HOPING PEOPLE WOULDNT NOTE THE BLATANT CONTRADICTION!!! I DID BITCH!
- Then after proving that he wasn’t 'just' out to get Muslims, (i.e. attacking Christianity for an hr) he moves on to Islam, in which he analyzes in political, terms (i.e. not religious terms). I say again, he critiques the RELIGOUS beliefs of Christians, and spends the rest of the movie defending Zionism, and MOSTLY focusing on the POLITICS of Islam, and only the radical stuff of course. When he asked a Muslim cleric about the violence and radicalism of Islam, the Cleric responded “that this is merely the consequence of politics) Bill then dodges this statement by playing dumb, and proceeds to pester the cleric about other trivial nuances of the religion.
- At the end of the movie he pretends to be an objective agnostic again, by claiming that his only purpose with the film was to promote doubt and scepticism. After endorsing the religiously substantiated/ political ideology of Zionism and debunking FUNDAMENTALIST forms of all religion, he extrapolates his critique to the teachings of all religions in GENERAL! While not going anywhere near Buddhism because they just mediate anyways... He takes the most extreme examples of all religions, and uses them to reject those religions in their entirety altogether.
Now I am not religious, but I am moral, I follow what could be viewed as the scientific equivalent of the golden rule (i.e. the utilitarian code). That basically we should do unto others as we would like them to do unto us, and make an effort to make the greatest amount of good for the greatest amount of people in any situation. Additionally insofar as I realize humanity does not need religion, and that it is a tool of social control ecploited to wage resource wars, I have met many religious people who are VERY GOOD CARING PEOPLE. Bill Maher’s critique of religion is elementary, illogical easily refuted, while his defense of Zionism is hypocritical and naive, if not intentional as is the case will most Ziowhores.
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PIECE OF SHIT NWO PROPAGANDA FILM.